Cattle Guard Synonyms

There are many names for what we, in the American West, call cattle guards.  A cattle guard is a grid of parallel metal bars (either square or round), usually set in the ground across a road instead of using a gate to keep cattle from wandering off of your land.

cattle guard with wings - installation

cattle guard with wings - installation

Cattle guards have been called by many other names.  In the United Kingdom a cattle guard is known as a cattle grid.  In Australia they are called either cattle grids or cattle grates.  In New Zealand, a cattle guard is called a cattle stop.  In Canada, they are called a Texas Gate or a vehicle pass. And we hear other names too – livestock guard, cattle grill and deer guard.  As long as they keep your cattle from wandering away, any name will do.

BarnWorld farm and ranch store has cattle guards in a wide variety of sizes and options to match your application.  Call today 720-238-2190.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *