Calf Warmers from Barn World
To provide the best care in the critical after-birth hours of your calf’s life, be sure to enlist the help of a calf warmer.
Calf warmers should be a livestock supply staple when raising livestock
Calf warmers create an excellent shelter and warm nurturing environment for newborn calves. Usually constructed out of a durable, long-lasting, and rust-proof medium-density poly, this animal shelter is a must for newborns and should be in every livestock supply arsenal.
Newborn calves require a warm enclosed space during the critical hours right after birth. They are vulnerable to the cold and need a safe place to recover from the birthing process. Barn World calf warmers have top-of-the-line heaters located in the rear of the warmer in a separate enclosure that provides a steady warm, circulating flow of air. The area is large enough so the calf can stand up or lie down while remaining in the interior warmth of the heater. Being contained allows the identity scent to remain intact so the mothers will instinctively reclaim their rejuvenated infant once they’re ready to be released.
Calf Warmer Features
Calf Warmers come with:
- An adjustable 1500-watt electric heater with a fan with automatic shutoff and built-in thermostat for controlling temperature and airflow speed
- The top hinged section is completely removable for ease of cleaning and for providing the largest allowable access area for calves to enter and leave the enclosure
- The bottom of the warmer is reinforced for easy towing and durability. It comes complete with a tow rope already installed so you’re ready to remove the calf from the delivery area
- The floor is raised and grated to provide warm air circulation throughout the entire warmer. It has a two-panel system and is removable for easy cleaning
- The top eve vent allows for ventilation and circulation control as well as provides sighting access so you may keep an eye on the calf without raising the lid and disturbing it
- A popular feature is the 12-volt adapter
- The warmer measures 45” high, 25” wide and is 48” long to allow for maximum comfort inside.
Livestock Supplies are a necessity for newborns
To keep your young, newborn livestock healthy and to give them a great start at a long and healthy life, a calf warmer is a must during the crucial hours after birth. You know it’s always in the middle of a blizzard when they arrive. It’s a tremendous shock to go from their safe, warm confines to literally dropping onto frozen earth while still wet.
Providing a safe and comfortable environment for your animal to recover from the shock of birth is a must to ensure a great beginning in a stress-free and most importantly, a warm setting.
To take advantage of all the calf warmer has to offer, call (720) 238-2190 or visit BarnWorld.com today for all your livestock supply needs and remember, they carry everything from cattle guards to saddle pads!